Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Kyle's Beautiful October 4th speech

I could not be more proud of anyone other than my brother Joe. He lived his life to the fullest. He was so much to me, a role model, an inspiration, a friend, a brother. He is irreplaceable.
But, I won’t miss him, I wont miss my brother Joe; I won’t let myself miss him. It’s sad he died on the doorstep of a promising life, and that we won’t grow old together, have kids together. His potential will remain only that, potential. But I cannot miss what I have never truly owned, the future.
I won’t miss Joseph, his smile, his laugh. They may have left this earth, but they have not left my memory, a perfect memory of a perfect brother, which I will always hold close to my heart.
I won’t miss Joe, my role model, my hero, my friend. I know I won’t be able to chat with him about sports and friends, family and life. But that doesn’t mean he can’t guide me. I will still look to Joe for advice, reaching for his memory, carrying him with me. Never letting his life fall from mine, forever lighting my way.
I won’t miss my brother Joe. His soul lives on. Every time I feel a strong wind, hear the leaves rustle, see a passing cloud, ill know he’s there with me. While his body’s gone, his soul’s eternal.
I won’t miss Joe, because he’s not gone. Myself, and everyone here today, we all carry pieces of Joe.
I won’t miss Joe, because he’s not gone. He lives on forever in the lives of those he touched and loved.


Thank you
And now I present Andrea Wonar Gian, Director of peace corp tanzania

No comments: