Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

September 18, 2009 - Joseph's last Journal entry

Joseph carried his paper journal on his last trip, and wrote one final entry on the 18th:

"Over a year but all my entries are on my computer. I'm in Mbinga now, in the southwest, about to go to my friend's village.

I spent the last three days crossing "the worst road in Tanzania" - The Masas-Songea route. Passing through Tunduru Wednesday morning I passed by Abbey Secondary School on the way out of site. Abbey is run by the church, and my boss wanted me to look into putting an IT Volunteer there this December. Met a Father Augustine who I guess is the headmaster. Abbey much bigger than I imagined.

Trip to Tunduru was uneventful - thank God I am not doing it again thought. The area is poor, I traveled for 6 hours and did not see a single power line. Tunduru itself is a transit town, like Masasi. Next morning our bus was broken, so I didn't get to leave for awhile. By the time the Konda informed us all the other buses were goen, but I managed to track down a lorry. Most uncomfortable 8 hours of my life - but I split my ipod with Ana. Afterwards. she found a hotel for me in Songea. Today another tough trip, sitting on the floor of a packed zoasta(?)."

No comments: