Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A note from Myra's friend in Tanzania - she was an Amherst grad

I've been thinking about you and your family, and Joseph's parents - wondering how they are possibly coping with this enormous grief. On Christmas eve, at a small gathering here in Dar, I met the head of the Peace Corps (Andrea?). She is lovely, and we spent a long time talking about Joseph and what a tragedy his death is. She said Joseph was a "renaissance man" and absolutely wonderful: keenly smart, deeply caring, loved by all, a true leader. She was bereft by his death and was deeply moved by her time with your brother and entire family. I'm glad I had the chance to talk to her and learn more about Joseph, but it left me feeling even sadder for you and your family. What a terrible loss.

No comments: