Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Letter from Ndanda - March 2010

Yesterday we got the following letter from Ndanda:

To the Chow Family

My name is Dylan, and I am the Peace Corp Volunteer now assigned to Ndanda Secondary. I've been here for several months now, settling in at school and at home. I never had the opportunity to meet your son, Joseph, but I can say that I know him rather well, through the marks he has left on the school. The work he did here was quite outstanding, and to follow him will be very challenging.

A few Ndanda students recently attended a national conference in Dar for the FEMINA organization. There, it was officially announced that the FEMA club here at Ndanda, which was led by Joseph, was selected as the best FEMA club in all of Tanzania in 2009, largely due to Joseph's amazing influence and assistance with the activities. I hope to continue the work that he started here so well.

I am very sorry for your loss. Know that Joseph will never be forgotten here at Ndanda.

Respectfully yours,

Dylan

No comments: