Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Letters of Condolence from his students and teachers


The following were collected in a binder for our family after the memorial in Dar es Saalam in September 2009:
****************************************************

The following are pictures and letters sharing condolences, stories, and memories of Joe that were collected at the memorial held at the Peace Corps office in Dar es Saalam on September 27, 2009. Since you were not able to be with us, we wanted to share with you how we as a Peace Corps family came together to remember your son, your brother, your family member, and our family member.
***************************
To Chow,
He was good teacher, good friend, He didn't teach me maths or physics he was with me in basketball and fema club. I will miss his so much. Rest in Peace Sir Joseph Chow

**********************

Mr Joseph Chow was my physics and mathematics teacher at ndanda school. We shared many good things together, he told us about his family in New York and about his girl friend in London. The last thing eh told us me was "Shalom, I'll go to Sonpoa and after two weeks I will be back" This is what he said in his physics laboratory. I'll miss him, I'll miss him very much. May God rest his soul in Peace.
*********************
Dear Sirs/Madams
On Wednesday morning 23rd September 2009 Ndanda Secondary School Community received a shocking news of the death of our beloved member of the teaching staff through radio (TBC) broadcasting. I t was hard for us to believe that Joseph is no longer with us until the time when we received the officially from Peace Corps Headquarters in Dare es Sallam

The late Joseph was posted to our school in January 20008 as a Chemistry teacher. However, due to the shortage of teachers that our school was and is still facing, especially in science subjects, Mr Joseph voluntarily decided to help our students who are taking those subjects namely, Physics, basic mathematics and pure mathematics in addition to his main teaching subject chemistry. All the time he was with students chatting with them, advising and teaching them in a very friendly manner.

Ndanda secondary school community, therefore understands and appreciates the efforts that the late Joseph has demonstrated during the whole period of his stay with us ma and indeed proved to all of us that he was really an industrious teacher. His death therefore is a loss not only to Ndanda secondary school community but also to all education stake holders in Tanzania. We understand and believe that as human beings we have no control over life and death, still the memory of Joseph can never be erased from our minds. I, on behalf of the Headmaster Ndanda secondary school community and on my own behalf, may you please on behalf of the family of the late Joseph and all US of America Peace Corps accept our heart felt condolences

We pray that God the Almighty grant peace to the departed soul and give his family and the Peace Corps strength to bear this loss. The almighty God brought the late Joseph to us and the Almighty God has taken him from us; the name of our lord be praised. May Almighty God rest his soul in eternal peace. Amen
******************************

I Oscar M one of the student of form six PGM at ndanda secondary school one of of Joseph Chow's class students and also a team mate; for sure am deeply sorry for what has just happened to your beloved son Am so sorry once again.all what I have to say to your sis for yo to come down cause this that path that everybody should have to pass.
*****************************

It is very sad moment when you lose a lovely person in life But still we have to go on because we are all of the same way So we should not give up or give much blame to go God love us more than we do ourselves and our friends May Joseph rest in peace.

**************************
I am a student of Mr Joseph Chow I am the one who attached with this issue. I would want to sorry the whole family of Mr Joseph
*************************

Sorry for the whole family and parents of Joseph Chow fro this bad accident occur in our country Tanzania. Our fellow teacher Mr Joseph Chow kicked the bucket but we cannot say more and God rest him in peace
************************
A form five student at ndanda high school which is located in Mtwara Tanzania I'm very sad to listen the death of my beloved teacher Mr Joseph Chow I had been with him in studies since I attended in our school What I need is to give sorry to the family of Mr Joseph Chow that let him stay in peace May god bless him Amen

**************************

It is unhappy time for me also to the family of my teacher Joseph Chow Back to me it is a big gap I big loss to lose my subject teacher. S what can I say I would proceed to pray to the god for keeping my teacher in a holy heaven Also god may bless the family of Joseph Chow to leave all thought about teacher and should feel happy and assume a normal condition My teacher dead from fall accident on 22 Sept 2009
***************************

We are very sorry of what happen to our beloved teacher Mr Joseph chow He was a good teacher to us but God love him very much than us We are together in this period.
****************************

No comments: