Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

1/23/2012 excerpts form Nelson Valente letter

Dear Parents of Joseph Chow,

I hope you are all fine ....
On December 1 I went home to my family where we were engaging in small scale agriculture planting maize and cassava, the staple food of our district and selling cashew nuts , which is the cash crop of our district.  But during this short holiday I did not participate in studying because I had to help my parents..  I tried to study with other friends of different secondary schools, and to teach my younger brothers and sisters that were also preparing to join form one in the next year at the Maratani Day Secondary School which is at our village.
I would like to tell you a bit about my ambitions in my life..  Either I would like to be a teacher of secondary school or to be an accountant ant a bank in our country, or maybe outside our country.  In order to do this, I am studying very hard so I will be selected to join in university...  I also would like to have a wife and four children because I will be employed, and be able to manage my family without forgetting my parents, the pillars of my life..  I also would like to travel and visit you in the US.  I would like to have friends from different pars to the world...

No comments: