Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fordham Prep Friends

Tonight JP, Will, Tom, Steve, and Pete met us at the The Tap House in Tuckahoe for dinner. What a great group of friends Joseph had.
I like to remember the first time I saw Pete. I was picking Joseph up in ninth grade from Fordham and had arranged to pick him up Southern Blvd; as I drove up there was my little Joseph in a fist fight with a kid that was twice his size - the exact reason that we took him out of Edgemont! Joseph saw the car, and disengaged himself from the fist fight. I was so upset, I started interrogating him.

The next day I called Fordham and wanted to talk about it. The Prep told me to not to worry, they would take care of it. That day, the counselor called in Peter and Joseph, they made them talk, and pretty much from that day on they were good friends. After that day, his mom would call me to double check the information we were getting from the Prep. I felt good about sending Joseph to the Prep after that day.

Hanging out with all of you makes life seem a little more normal - which it is definitely not. Thanks for the dinner conversation.

No comments: