Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

It is difficult

Every morning I have to wake up and think - My Joseph is dead.  and then  I have to think, I will not get an email from him today, I will not get a text message from him; a friend will not pass along a funny story, he will not call me.

This was my first born child.  I held him in my arms minutes after he was born; I swore nothing bad would ever happen.  I had long silly conversations, because he was a baby, and I was a first time mother.  I was silly in my worries, and overwhelming in my fears.  I was afraid of everything, but spent hours trying to figure out how to make sure he was not afraid.  How to send him off into the world - strong and smart and gifted.

And now, it is another Christmas and there is nothing.

No comments: